"OMG I’m so tired…"
"Work is so hectic right now…"
"I’m so busy with the kids…"
I am sure we have all used one of these excuses when answering the little voice inside that says “hey…wanna workout?”
Lack of motivation is the number one reason workouts fall to the bottom of the “to do” list. Even is you think the reason is time, work or the kids, it all boils down to what motivates you.
Here are some quick tips to help you reach those fitness goals.
1. Find the perfect workout partner.
Finding the right partner can be the key to fitness success. Your partner has to be someone who consistent, dedicated and not easily dissuaded.
Studies show that partner work can help increase your strength and stamina.
- You have a spotter! When it is time to up those weights, having someone spot you and watch your form helps you reach those strength goals and smash those plateaus.
- You have your own personal cheerleader. Having someone tell you…”you’ve got this” when your lungs or legs are telling you otherwise is sometimes all you need to push out those 4 extra reps!
2. Set realistic goals.
If you have Instagram, or any other form of social media, then you are bombarded daily by pictures of 6-pack abs or the perfect butt. A few things to keep in mind: Fitness professionals are just that…professionals. It is there 24 hour a day 7 day a week job to look like that. Those abs are their uniform.
Not saying that you can’t have those things…but you need to decide what you are willing to do to get it. Everything is attainable and there is a certain amount of work and sacrifice to achieve any goal. Fitness is no different.
The ultimate goal should be to feel great! Looking good is a by product of good health!!
If being the healthiest, happiest, most energetic, version of yourself is your goal, then great news…it is not as hard as you think.
3. Make changes you can live with.
You can make great gains by making a few lifestyle changes.
- EAT right: Meal prep can make or break any fitness regime. What you eat is almost more important then how often you exercise. Portion control and preparedness can go along way in your health and fitness journey. Using a meal delivery service can take some of the stress out of meal planning and prep. www.eattrainlive.ca
- Train Smart: Not having plan can make the journey seem overwhelming. Working with a professional can help you reach your goals faster and safely. If you cannot afford ongoing training have a professional create your program and walk you through proper form at least once. Schedule updates and check ins as you move through your program.
Live Well: Remember that food is not a reward and the gym is not punishment. Both can be part of living a healthy happy and balanced life. Eat the cake & drink that wine, just make sure it's the best f'ing cake & wine ever! And more importantly share them with someone you love...those memories will last much longer then the wine!